Best Holiday Destinations Of India You Should Visit In Monsoon
There’s nothing as soothing as the rainy season in India. While there are travellers who avoid travelling during this season, but there is a special feeling of monsoon which makes certain people enjoy the essence of the season. There are many wonderful destinations to travel where you can relax, go for an adventure or for sight-seeing in the monsoons accompanied by the fresh breeze of air and the earthy scent after a downpour. Below are the five best destinations of India which you should travel during the monsoon season:
1) Munnar, Kerala If you want to experience heaven in India, Munnar is the must-visit place. There’s a special feeling about this hill station during the monsoon season. The beautiful mountains, deep valleys and the seasonal waterfalls are the nature’s best gift during rains. The best thing about travelling to this prime tea-growing region during monsoon is the crowd-free hotels which offers you a great discount. If you have trekking in your mind and want to witness the true essence of nature amidst the tea gardens, Munnar will be a perfect holiday destination for you.
2) Coorg, Karnataka Coorg is undoubtedly the best destinations of India to visit in monsoon. Located in southern Karnataka, it is blessed with natural scenery. The ideal time to travel Coorg is from June to September and the waterfalls like Jog, Mallalli, Chingara, Abbey and Irpu are the best things you can watch in the rain. If you are an adventurous person, Brahmagiri and Tadiyandamol are the trekking destinations you must not miss at any chance.
3) Udaipur, Rajasthan Feel like avoiding the monsoon? Udaipur is the perfect destination. Udaipur receives minimal rainfall and the climate is mostly pleasant over there. Surrounded with beautiful lakes and palaces, it will give you some of the best moments to cherish during the monsoon season. It is known as one of the ‘most romantic’ destinations of India and you can imagine how romantic the weather would be during the rains. When in Udaipur go for boat rides. Some of the must visit places you should explore are Fateh Sagar Lake, Lake Pichola, Sajjan Garh and the popular Monsoon Palace.
4) Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh Also known as the ‘Little Tibet’, there is something soulful in the air of Spiti which would want you to stay there forever. Without any doubt, it is one of the best places to go in monsoon in India. It is a must visit place for all the adventurers who loves the activities like rock climbing, trekking and so on. Apart from this, if you are a nature lover, you can also admire the flora and fauna in the Pin Valley National Park.
5) Shillong, Meghalaya Known for its serendipity, Shillong in Meghalaya should be in your bucket list during monsoon. If you are someone who loves getting drenched, a trip to Shillong would be an apt choice. The cloudy weather surrounded by the greenery everywhere and the pristine waterfalls around makes it a must visit place. Spread Eagle Falls and Elephant Falls during the rains are a sight to see and the local food over there in such a weather is like a cherry on the cake.