Reliance Jio set to Disrupt Home Broadband with Low Pricing | AIB
Last month at the Reliance AGM, Mukesh Ambani announced the rollout of Reliance JioGigaFiber, a broadband service that will provide download speeds of up to 1Gbps, and not only it powers home and enterprise Wi-Fi networks but also TVs and smart home accessories.
Jio Giga Fiber broadband Registration will begin from tomorrow if you are interested you can register through both MyJio and Jio.com. The company will prioritize JioGigaFiber rollout to those localities from where it received the highest number of registrations.
The Jio GigaFiber aims to empower a range of digitally driven services across the country. After ripping telecom industry, Jio GigaFiber will compete with leading broadband service providers, as well as satellite cable operators. JioGigaFiber is expected to offer 1 Gbps download speeds and 100 Mbps upload speed. Jio Fiber will come with a Giga fiber set-top box. It will have enabled voice command feature for TV. Besides, it will also have a TV calling feature.
Although there has been no clear announcement about the proposed plans on offer, there have been leaks of the upcoming Jio GigaFiber fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) plans to launch for customers in the coming months.
- Jio GigaFiber, 50 Mbps plan, offers 300GB data with a validity of 30 days at the cost of Rs 500.
- Jio GigaFiber, 50 Mbps plan, offers 450GB data with a validity of 30 days at the cost of Rs 750.
- Jio GigaFiber, 100 Mbps plan, offers 600GB data with a validity of 30 days at the cost of Rs 999.
- Jio GigaFiber, 100 Mbps plan, offers 750GB data with a validity of 30 days at the cost of Rs 1299.
- Jio GigaFiber, 150 Mbps plan, offers 900GB data with a validity of 30 days at the cost of Rs 1500.
- Jio GigaFiber, 600 Mbps plan, offers 2,000GB data with a validity of 30 days at the cost of Rs 3,599.
Reliance Jio has been carrying out beta trials for JioGigaFiber across the country, and the service will be rolling out for commercial use, home use, and use by small businesses & merchants post the completion of the registration process. Jio aims at reaching 500 crore homes and 3 crore traders across India with its JioGigFiber services.
The JioGigaFiber Preview plan currently available to limited users offers up to 100 Mbps speeds for 90 days along with a monthly data quota of 100 GB and complimentary access to a host of Jio’s premium apps.
In case, you consume 100 GB of your data quota within a month you can extend high-speed internet services by performing a complementary data top-up of 40 GB via MyJio App or through Jio.com. As this is a preview offer, there are no installation charges levied, but there is a refundable security deposit of Rs.4,500 for the connection.
Reliance Jio could finally begin its GigaFiber broadband services before November 7.