Gran Turismo Sport World Tour Set To Begin At Nürburgring | AIB
Sony and Polyphony Digital have presented the “World Tour Gran Turismo 2018 Nürburgring,” the first live event of “World Tour” of ‘Gran Turismo Sport,’ which will be held next week, between 10 and 13 May, within the 24-hour framework of the Nürburgring, Germany.
In this first “FIA Gran Turismo 2018 Championship“, some thirty of the best players will be invited to the Nürburgring to represent Europe in a fight for the “Euro Cup,” in the inaugural event that commemorates the start of the official Cup season of Nations and the Manufacturer’s Series.
The following players will represent different European countries:
- Germany: Michael Kasseckert, Patrick Weking, Kevin Richly and Tarek Buschmann
- Belgium: Nick Aerts
- Slovenia: Uros Rasic
- Spain: Francisco Jiménez, Adrian Mayor, and Manuel Rodríguez Rincón
- Finland: Markus Kononen and Kimmo Kaisla
- France: Fabien Gaillard, Loris Garnier, Anthony Duval and Pierre Lenoir
- Hungary: Patrik Blazan and Benjamin Bader
- Italy: Matteo Paolini, Cristian Nicotra & Vincenzo Mangano
- Luxembourg: Philippe Nicolay
- Netherlands: Angelo Schut, Sander Derksen, and Joost de Haas
- Poland: Kamil Karsky
- Portugal: Bruno De Sousa Ferreira
- United Kingdom: Matthew Thomas, Martin Grady, Tom McPherson and Lewis Bentley (reserve pilot: Edward Williams)
On the other hand, those attending the event can also enjoy an exhibition race that will be divided into three categories: Children (up to 15 years), Adults (between 16 and 35 years) and Senior (over 36 years). This class division has been created so that all age groups can enjoy the fun of motorsports.
To participate in this exhibition race, you have to register between May 10 and 12. The qualifiers will be carried out in order of application for registration, and the first classified will go to the races of the semifinals and finals, which will take place on the 12th. We will be able to follow all the action live through different retransmissions that will be made from the Gran Turismo channels on YouTube and on the PlayStation Europe channel on Twitch.
‘Gran Turismo Sport’ was updated only a few days ago to version 1.18, which introduces the new Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept ’18 (Gr.3), whose prototype was presented at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. The three “GT League” events, Compétition de France (Beginners League), Gr. B Rallycross (Amateur League) and Vision Gran Turismo + Trophy (Professional League); a new layout for the popular “Ruta del dragón” circuit, and many other additional features.
— 山内 一典 (@Kaz_Yamauchi) May 4, 2018
With more exciting GT Sport – World Tour events on the way, now’s it’s the perfect time to join millions of other drivers out on the track.