How to make Chinese Almond Chicken | AIB
The Chinese almond chicken is a stew, the restaurants of Chinese food established in India prepare it quite often. It consists of a chicken marinated in soy sauce that is cooked on the grill with almonds and other vegetables.
Eventually, it ends up cooking in chicken broth, thus achieving a different but very popular stew among these restaurants. It is easy to do, also fast and healthy too.
Ingredients to make Chinese almond chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 150-200ml of soy sauce
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 150g of raw almonds (or toast)
- 200ml chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Olive oil
1. Cut the chicken breasts into large tacos and put them in a bowl, cover it with soy sauce and add a pinch of sugar. Salt is not necessary because the soy sauce is delicious in itself, put everything in the fridge and let it marinate for an hour.
2. While it macerates, to toast the almonds, take a large pan and add a small splash of olive oil. When it is hot, add the almonds and fry them briefly, until they have been toasted. After time remove them from pan and reserve on a plate.
3. Return the wok to the fire, and now put here the carrot and the onion, cut into big cubes. Then fry them for three minutes, and once the time has passed, put them next to the almonds.
4. After the chicken mash hour, drain it from the soy sauce and cook it in the same pan over high heat, until it has sealed well on the outside. Then add the vegetables and almonds, the chicken stock and let it cook here at medium heat for about 10 minutes or so.
5. After the time, add the teaspoon of cornstarch, so that the sauce thickens a little and continually stir everything in the same fire for 3 more minutes.
Chinese almond chicken is healthy and easy to make. Nothing like bringing Chinese food to your kitchen. I hope you like it!
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes